Looking for efficient and cost effective solutions in protein purification and process development?
Magellan Life Sciences™ offers a comprehensive membrane protein expression, soluble protein expression and purification services tailor-made to the needs of its clients. Our scientists have in-depth experience in the expression and purification of recombinant proteins using Baculovirus mediated protein production in insect and mammalian cells. We offer our extensive expertise for producing your recombinant proteins, vaccine antigens and antibodies, used for high throughput screening, structural and functional studies or target validation.
Clients can choose from:
- Gene or cDNA cloning into expression vectors provided by the client or proprietary vectors offered by Jiva. The inclusion and nature of purification tags in the constructs will be determined by the clients.
- Transfection and generation of primary recombinant baculovirus in sf9 cells.
- Viral amplification in sf9 cells to obtain a high-titre virus (>108 pfu/mL).
- Small-scale test expressions in sf9 & T.ni insect cell lines or HEK293 and CHO mammalian cell lines.
- Small-scale test purifications. For membrane proteins, we offer small-scale solubility tests in order to identify the most suitable detergent.
- Scale-up of insect cells or mammalian cell cultures for large scale expression.
- Large scale purification from cell-pellet or conditioned media. Purification protocols may be adapted from the literature, developed in-house or provided by the client. SDS-PAGE and Western blot analysis will be done to assess the purity.
- Biochemical analysis of purified proteins:
- Functional activity
- Post-translational modifications
- Charge homogeneity
- N-terminal sequencing
- Production of selenomethionine labeled protein for phasing.
All projects submitted by our clients will go through a thorough scientific evaluation before we issue a customized program and quotation. We maintain the highest standards of complete confidentiality. Throughout the project, the clients will be provided with a progress report every two weeks. Final products are accompanied by batch records and specification sheets containing original documentation.
Understanding BacMam:Originally discovered by Dr. Frederick Boyce, “BacMam” platform technology is based on “Baculovirus mediated gene transfer into Mammalian cells”. This sophisticated technology essentially uses Baculovirus as a vehicle to efficiently deliver and express genes in mammalian cells. With an excellent bio-safety profile of Baculovirus, BacMam has been primarily used in cell based assays, live cell imaging, stem cell biology, high throughput drug screening, Fluorescence Microscopy and Receptor Activation/Pathway Analysis. The system can be used to transduce a wide range of mammalian cell lines including HEK293, HeLa, U2-OS, COS and CHO cells. Transduction of mammalian cells with BacMam viruses has been shown to be highly efficient and dose-dependent. Moreover, the ability of baculoviruses to enter mammalian cells means that the transduction can be achieved by simply adding a virus inoculum to the cells.
Advantages of the BacMam expression system?
BacMam and Magellan Life SciencesTM Connection